Are you looking for methods through which you can cut back on your expenses when moving? The following tips actually can help you a lot.
The trick to catching a good, yet cheap moving company
Moving homes is indeed costly, and it comes with a lot of additional expenses – new rent and deposit, furniture and appliances when necessary etc. So, if you can find a way to save some money, that would be great. The best way to do so is to find the best deal for professional house removal services in London possible. Here are some ways in which you can do that:
- Ask as many contractors from your area as possible for quotes. Every reputable moving company tailors individual, non-binding free of charge quotes for their potential clients. Once you get them all, compare, read online reviews and talk to the people in person, so that you can find the best value for money.
- Have in mind that most reputable movers offer pretty attractive mid-week discounts. This means that you will have to pay less if you schedule your moving day between Monday and Thursday.
- Straight from the previous point – avoid moving on weekends, bank holidays and other national holidays that are traditionally not working days.
- Be on the hunt for discounts – they pop up for movers too every once in a while.
- Purchase packing supplies and additional services that you might require such as EOT cleaning, house clearance and storage directly from the movers who will help you with the relocation. They will most likely offer you special, in-house prices that will further reduce your expenses
Do not take your end of tenancy cleaning lightly
Hiring cleaners to handle your moving-out cleaning, especially if it is not stipulated directly in your lease that you should do so, might sound a bit redundant, but it is actually the best (and often – the only) way to make sure that you are going to receive a refund on your rental deposit. You will not be earning those money – they are already yours – but at least you will make sure to get them in full. Hiring cleaners will be a small price to pay.
Packing supplies and help
Apart from the moving service itself, one of the biggest expenses that you will have to make in order to properly prepare for the upcoming domestic removal would be for packing supplies. But they come in various quality and prices. You will be able to purchase most of them second-hand, so if you do not have reservations about that, go ahead – you will save quite a few quid. In case you have some sturdy items, or such that you are not afraid will get damaged beyond simple scratches, you can buy low-grade bubble wrap for them. It is not necessary to go for the heavy duty stuff unless for your most valuable and/or fragile pieces of furniture, appliances and personal items. So, there is another way to save some money.